Thousands of bikers helped raise more than £100,000, funding 61 future lifesaving missions, after taking part in Midlands Air Ambulance Charity’s most successful Bike4Life Ride Out and Festival.
3,500 motorcyclists and hundreds of pillions took part in the annual organised 23-mile route from Meole Brace, in Shrewsbury, to one of the charity’s three operational airbases at RAF Cosford, in Shropshire. The event, which took place late April, was the most successful yet, helping to raise the six figure sum for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity. This means that 31 air ambulance and an additional 30 critical care cars missions have been made possible.
The event was officially sponsored by the RAC and supported by a number of famed VIPs including:
- Mathew ‘Ollie’ Ollerton – A former UK Special Forces Soldier and widely known as a directing staff (DS) from Channel 4's popular SAS: Who Dares Wins.
- Carl 'Foggy' Fogarty MBE – motorcycle racer and one of the most successful world superbike racers who holds second highest number of race wins at 59. Sunday saw Carl take part in his fifth Bike4Life event.
- Steve Parrish – British former professional motorcycle and truck racer, and television commentator who was a teammate to Barry Sheene in the 1977 500cc world championship.
- Douglas "Dougie" Lampkin MBE – former professional motorcycle trials and endurocross rider, notable for being a seven-time motorcycle trials world outdoor champion.
- Danny Buchan – British superbike racer for the SYNETIQ BMW Racing 2022 team and two times British superstock champion.