Thousands of bikers helped raise more than £116,000, funding more than 72 future lifesaving missions for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
The 2023 Bike4Life Ride Out saw a total of 3,500 motorbikes ride in convoy for 23 miles between Meole Brace, Shrewsbury to one of the charity’s three operational airbases at RAF Cosford. Thousands of bikers and pillions took part and attended the Bike4Life Festival.
The event, was the most successful yet, helping to raise the six-figure sum for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity. This means that 36 air ambulance and an additional 36 critical care cars missions have been made possible.
The event, which was officially sponsored by The Bike Insurer, was supported by several famed VIPs including:
- Carl Fogarty MBE – one of the most successful world superbike racers who holds second highest number of race wins at 59.
- Steve Parrish – British former professional motorcycle and truck racer, and television commentator who was a teammate to Barry Sheene in the 1977 500cc world championship.
- Allen Millyard – An engineer and custom motorcycle builder having created specials like one of the world's largest, his Flying Millyard. Well known for appearing on television alongside Henry Cole.
- Ollie Ollerton – A former UK Special Forces Soldier and directing staff (DS) from Channel 4's SAS: Who Dares Wins.
- RubyRides – A motorbiking social media influencer with a big following on Instagram and YouTube.
- TV’s Emergency Bikers’ Mark Hayes and Steve Harris